How to Choose Best Electric Skillets?
Factors to Consider When Purchasing an Electric Skillet?
Hi I’m Alex, a kitchen enthusiast and instructor. Looking for electric skillet reviews and ratings? You will find honest reviews of the best electric skillets on the market. So check out my reviews, and also be sure to read my tips on how to select the best electric skillet..
Do You Want To
FAQ's to Skillet
Most Recommended Post
Best Electric Skillet How To's
#1 SEO tool for keyword research, find keywords and drive organic traffic to your new site.
Fast and secure web hosting. Highly recommend for beginners! Get 67% Off on Shared Hosting.
#1 page builder for blogs and sites. More than 50+ pre-made templates in the pro version. Try it now and enjoy
Factors to Consider
- Budget. The first thing to think about is your budget. Determine how much money you have to spend on the skillet. Setting a price range helps narrow down the options that you can’t afford. Never purchase an electric skillet just because it’s inexpensive. The same thing goes for choosing the most expensive one. You are more likely to find a good one when keeping an open mind.
- Size and Shape. Once a budget is set, pick a size and shape. Since electric skillets are made in a number of ways, there are multiple options to choose from. Most skillets are between 10 and 16 inches in diameter. When picking a size, figure out what kind of food you will be making. Not only that, but you also need to determine how much counter space you have. As for the shapes, they usually come in square, rectangular or oval.
- Cleaning Method. How an electric skillet is cleaned is another important factor to consider. If you don’t like to wash dishes by hand, then pick an electrical skillet that can be placed in the dishwasher. Not all skillets are dishwasher safe. In fact, some can only be cleaned with solution and a rag.
- Temperature Controls. You will also want to think about temperature controls. Some skillets have a high and low heat option, while others have a warm setting. Picture the way you prepare meals to figure out how to incorporate temperature controls into your cooking. If you like to deep-fry, then you will need a skillet that can reach at least 450 degrees. Skillets that only go up to 400 degrees are good for stir-frying.
- Cooking Style. In addition to temperature controls, you will also need to think about your cooking style. If you cook a lot of soup and stew, then you should choose an electric skillet with a glass lid. This allows you to view the contents of the pan without lifting the lid. Since soups are generally cooked at a low temperature, you don’t want to release heat by removing the lid. If you make meals that only take a few minutes to cook, then a plastic lid will be fine. Besides that, imagine how much residue your meals leave behind. If you leave behind a lot of residue, consider getting an electric skillet that is made from stainless steel.